Home Bar

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Top 5 - July

Felt a bit more electro-house this July...

1. Let You Go (Feed Me Remix) - Chase & Status - Electro House
Chase & Status - Let You Go (Feed Me Remix) by youfeedme
I had listened to feed me for a while, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to really look through everything he's put out.  Feed Me has a few great remixes that seem to not really have caught on like his mainstream releases (Feed Me's Big Adventure & To the Stars EP).  His remix of Chase & Status' "Let You Go" is probably the best example of one of those songs.

2. Magic Trooper - Mord Fustang - Electro House
Mord Fustang - Magic Trooper by Mord Fustang
I'm starting to realize most of Mord Fustang's songs sound pretty damn similar.  I've also come to realize that doesn't affect how much I like or listen to them.  Magic Trooper was less of a dubstep beat than many of his songs, but retains that sugar-coated funky feel.

3. Save The World (Zedd Remix) - Swedish House Mafia
Save The World (Zedd Remix) by Absynth_mx
Yeah, the songs already popular, but for all the wrong reasons.  Zedd has a knack for quirky, sometimes nerdy electro-house bangers.  This one sounds like 1 pt Swedish House Mafia, 1pt Warp 1.9, and 1pt who knows where this analogy is going, just listen to it.

4. Innocence (Feed Me Remix) - Nero
Watch on YouTube HERE

When I first heard Nero's Innocence over a year ago, I knew they'd be around putting out good music for a good time to come.  I also thought innocence was akin to Mau5's "Strobe" and Afrojack's "Take Over Control" in that theyre impossible to remix without ruining the song, and certainly impossible to do better than the original.  I'm not going to say Feed Me's mix is better than the original, its just different, and simultaneously insanely good.  I dont really know what to classify it as, so once again, please just listen to it.

5.  Choose Me Pt. II - Xilent - Dubstep
16 - Xilent - Choose Me II by s3v
This song hit it big around 2 months ago, and its still such a good song.  It "goes hard" without sounding crude or chaotic.  Very tasteful Mr. Xilent.

No comments:

Post a Comment